Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wasting time in Delhi

Hanging out in a lovely airconditioned internet place in Paharganj...darn it's hot hot hot and humid here! I'm caked in a layer of grime that I haven't been able to shake yet...waiting for my train to Varanasi...
Sooooo here're some photos!

The Tibetan cook at Rizong gompa, he fed us tea and Tsampa...a thick, filling raw dough.

This little girl watched me get ready for the day...studied the teeth brushing...the packing up...the eating...she asked me for a pen, I didn't have an extra, so I gave her a sleeping mask from the plane. She seemed pleased. (this was a family house that I stayed in during the "baby trek")

To protect from the sun. And what a lovely way to do it!

Yep, still me. On a walk in Diskit...through lovely fields. Post Dalai Lama teachings face.

Can you spot the three foreigners?? This is in Diskit, on the way to the gompa, after the Dalai Lama's teachings. Damian (one half of the lovely french couple that I tripped around with) is wearing the guesthouse father's traditional outfit. This was a BIG hit with the locals!!

The top of Namgyal Tsemo Gompa in Leh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic journey, Leanna. The pix are super - keep them coming. Have you visited any weaving villages or had the chance to see how weaving is done? I hope you plan to record your experiences for those back home. When do you plan to fly back to Canada?