Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kites over Delhi

Sunset on our hotel's patio, and all you see are these wildly fluttering kites swooping over the city's rooftops.

It's hot, and muggy, but I don't feel bothered by it surprisingly. Maybe it's because I'm still living in the travelling half-world - mildly stunned by planes, trains and automobiles.

I spent lunch with Allison in London yesterday, it was a beautiful thing! (and WAY too expensive!)
I'm still reeling over the fact that it's possible to hop across the globe incrementally, though quickly!
A totally uneventful flight to Delhi was welcome, and meeting Venita at the airport definitely ranks as one of today's top threes!

Delhi's not overwhelming like I had imagined it would - I mean, don't get me wrong, it's chaotic, bustling, smelly and people-full...but it reminds me so much of the Bourj in Beirut that it's almost comforting. This is not to say, however, that I'm not looking forward to moving it up north.

Okay, to dinner.

HURRAY for this life!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

LOL! You go for it girl! Nothing like the experience of travelling!