Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ju-leh!

I'm in Leh, and I love love love it!
So much so, that when I arrived at my guesthouse yesterday morning at 7am, I nearly cried with joy.
The family that runs the guesthouse is so wonderful, and the other guests are quiet, but friendly.
The Leh people (hah! get it? laymen? hahaha...wow, we can blame this on altitude sickness) ...are very friendly. People smile in the streets, and say "ju-leh" to say hello, goodbye and thank you! How efficient!

I'm so so happy. I left this morning at 6 to see the monasteries in the region and sat in on a buddhist puja - this was beautiful. The young monks, old monks, all the monks were there. Very cool. But also kind of strange to sit in on something that I don't understand. Different than just going to Catholic mass and not being catholic. Though I've talked to some locals, and they think there's no problem with this.

Anyways, I'm going to be brief as the internet's expensive, and the streets are calling!

I love this life!

1 comment:

CEM said...

beautiful pictures! beautiful posts! beautiful you!

much love